I'll do my best to answer your questions.
1) With the demo plan if I upload my project to a web hosting site (one that I'd subscribe to) can I preview my content on my mobile and send a URL to my client? or to upload to a hosting site do I need a paid subscription?
You can export with the demo version of in5 and upload it, but the demo version limits some features that you either wouldn't be able to use or could use but only for a few pages. The demo also watermarks images. Here's more info on the limitations of the demo version:
2) Say I get the starter plan, can I use a pixel ratio of say 1125 x 2436px (iPhone X) and it will automatically resize to fit the device that it's viewed on (say for example someone is looking on a Galaxy or an iPhone 8)? Is that feature included in the starter plan?
Yes, even with a starter plan, you can add proportional scaling when you export either by going to in5 > Export HTML5 with in5... or to in5 > Easy Export Wizard... and clicking the Advanced button, going to the Advanced section of the Export HTML5 with in5 dialog and setting Mobile Device Viewport Zoom and Desktop Scaling to your preferred scaling options.
Here's a chart that includes the features available at the various plan levels:
say I've a multi page Indd file set 1170 x 2532px. I want the viewer to swipe left to go through the pages in chronological order but I also have a menu button taking them to contents.
Like I say I am working to a 2532px height so they will perfectly fill an iPhone 14 scree. On one of pages, lets say page 4 for example, if there's more content would it be possible for them to scroll down on this page only, like s standard website? but also to swipe left to get to the next page?
You can export (in5 > Export HTML5 with in5...) with the page format set to Slider (Horizontal) with Enable Swipe Navigation selected (it's selected by default for this page format) to make the content swipeable left and right.
To accommodate the longer content on page 4 with that swipeable content, you could also do one of the following:
- Add a Scrolling Frame which is an extension from Ajar Productions that you can get for free when you sign up for the newsletter. Once it's installed, you would access it by going to in5 > Interactive Widgets > Scrolling Frames.
- Make a tall page by changing the dimensions of page 4 in InDesign.
- Use the Merge Pages Vertically.jsxbin script (Window > Utilities > Scripts and expand the Application > Ajar Productions directory)
For the last 2 options, you'll find more information on the following page: