We’re ringing in the new year with a brand new version of in5 (InDesign to HTML5). Here’s a sneak peek of what it will look like:
New Features include
- Support for native InDesign Animation
- Support for Timing of multiple animations (sequencing)
- The ability to nest animation and interactivity within groups and Multi-State Objects
- new Document Presets
- new Output Formats (like iPhone Web App)
- Amazon Marketplace integration
- Image Quality controls
- the ability to add Background Images
We expect version 2 to be available in mid-January. This new version of in5 will be a paid upgrade, with substantial discounts available to version 1 and Kickstarter license holders.
You can check back here, or sign-up to be notified when version 2 is released.
Update (01/16/2014): Version 2 is now available.
2013 Features in Review
The feature list above is in addition to all of the version 1 features that we added to in5 in 2013. Included below is an abbreviated list of those features. As you can see, it was a very busy year.
- Added iPad Web App feature.
- Added icon option for iPad Web App and web favicon.
- Added Button States feature (Rollover and Click States now supported).
- Added Support for Scrollable Frame Overlays with text.
- Added option to automatically make overset text scrollable.
- Added Liquid Page Format that supports Liquid Layout.
- Added Baker Framework export.
- Variable page sizes now supported in the Continuous Scroll page formats.
- Added Support for Multi-State Objects.
- Added the following Multi-State button behaviors: Go to Next State, Go to Previous State, Go to State.
- Added Show/Hide Button & Form behaviors.
- Added the following Button behaviors for Movies and Sound: Play, Play from Navigation Point (movies only), Stop, Pause, Stop All.
- Added support for single- and multi-line Text Field form elements.
- Added basic support for form elements, including Checkboxes, Radio Buttons, List Boxes, and Combo Boxes.
- Added support for Center and Bottom Vertical Justification of TextFrames.
- Added support for Bookmark Page Destinations.
- Added support for Slideshow Folio Overlay.
- Added HTML embedding functionality for InDesign CS4, CS5, and CS5.5 to match the native CS6 functionality.
- Added support for animated GIFs.
- Added WAV and MP3 fallback search for alternate audio.
- Added initial support for CSS hyphenation.
- Added support for on Blur and on Focus events.
- Added “Save Alt Layouts as Documents” Script.
- Added support for multiple items within Scrolling Frames.
- Added support for “No break” at paragraph and character levels.
- Added SVG Text Rendering option (preserves appearance and scalability–great for retina displays).
- Added support for the Web Content Overlay.
- Added support for the Image Sequence Overlay.
- Added support for the Pan and Zoom Overlay.
- Added the ability to select a custom range of pages.
- Added support for Text Shadows, as well as Drop Shadows and Inner Shadows on text frames rendered as HTML.
- Added support for Autoplay of Audio and Video (as well as Delay) in the Overlay Panel and Play on Page Load in the Media Panel.
- Added support for Looping Audio and Video.
- Added a loading indicator for HTML output.
- Added bookmarking capabilities.
- Added Feature Tour document that appears on first run after install or update.
- Added support for variable page sizes in the Slider formats.
- Added support for Hidden Until Triggered with InDesign CS4-CS5.5 buttons.
- Added support for facing master page items.
- Added support for Running Header text variables.
- Added support for Auto Play (on Page Turn) for audio.
- Added support for SWFObjects within Web Content Overlays.
Get updates from Ajar Productions
Sign up today and get the InDesign Split Text premium extension for free!