This panel creates and saves guides in Flash CS3.
Features, instructions, and download below the fold.
- You can create guides at multiple locations by separating the values with commas.
- Use % after the number to place the guide at a value relative to the percent of total Stage width or height (for example, placing 50% in the X: field draws a vertical line at the center of the stage).
- Use an * after the number to enumerate or iterate the value (for example, 50* in the Y: field draws a horizontal line every 50 pixels).
- You can combine the percent sign and the asterisk (for example, 20%* in the X: field draws vertical lines that split the width of the Stage into five sections).
- You can change the color of the guides using the color picker on the panel.
- You can then save the sets and reuse them (might be useful for things like NTSC safe areas, etc.).
- If you forget any of the syntax, this information is also available be pressing the help button within the panel.
- Download the .mxp file here and install it using the Adobe Extension Manager (which should just require double-clicking on the downloaded file).
- After installing, you can access the Guide Maker panel by selecting Window > Other Panels > Guide Maker in Flash.
Get updates from Ajar Productions
Sign up today and get the InDesign Split Text premium extension for free!