In this article, I’m going to show you how to create a self-running slideshow using Adobe InDesign and in5 (InDesign to HTML5).
This will let you create animated slideshows that will run in any browser, using content you’ve created in InDesign.
This type of slideshow has many possible uses, including
- web banners
- tradeshow presentations
- animated info graphics
There are only a few steps to creating a self-running slideshow…
InDesign CC 2017 compatible
in5 version 3 has a completely re-designed user interface and works seamlessly with InDesign CC 2017.
Here are some of the new features that are available right away.
- Live HTML tables and columns (video).
- Fully-rendered SVG tables, paragraph rules, and paragraph shading.
- With a Pro subscription, you can now save your export settings as an Export Preset and reuse them (video).
- Multi-page web output that will create an HTML file for every page in your InDesign document.
SVG table rendering – Old version vs. New version
Flexible subscription licensing
The new subscription licenses are designed to work with CC subscriptions (so you’ll automatically be activated when you install a newer version of InDesign).
The new in5 subscription plans will let you:
- Activate all versions of InDesign on your system simultaneously.
- Easily move from one computer to another.
- Deactivate one employee and transfer the license to another employee.
You can manage your license remotely from a secure online profile (i.e., deactivate a machine that you’re not using and move to a new one, even if you don’t have access to the old machine).
Online portal let’s you manage users and remotely deactivate
You can choose to be billed monthly, or get a discount to be billed annually.
The subscription plans also offer multiple tiers, so you can get exactly the level of features that suit you. For example,
- The Starter Plan will come with all the basic features within in5.
- The Pro plan will give you power features, like the ability to save and reuse export settings across InDesign documents.
- The Elite plan will give you the ability to script and automate in5.
You’ll get a big discount off the first year if you have a serial number from a previous version of in5.
Check out the new version of in5
Here’s another highly requested feature for in5 (InDesign to HTML5): the ability to save export settings and apply them to other InDesign documents.
And soon it will be a part of the latest version of in5. 🙂
The video below shows a sneak peek of Export Presets in action.
To be notified when the latest version of in5 becomes available, sign up for the Ajar Productions Newsletter.
You probably want to publish your content digitally—to tablets, phones, E-readers, and Web sites (ideally from a visual layout application like Adobe InDesign).
But there are so many digital publishing solutions to choose from, and the digital landscape is changing so rapidly.
Where do you start?
Digital Publishing expert Keith Gilbert and I have distilled hours of research into this 16-page guide.
The Digital Publishing Technology Guide will help you make sense of all the options and give you the knowledge to choose the best technology for your projects.
Visit http://ajarproductions.com/techguide to sign-up and get this guide for free.
Here’s a first look at the upcoming version of in5 (InDesign to HTML5).
This video below shows
- The new in5 user interface
- Live text support for advanced formatting features, such as
- Split columns inside of text frames
- Paragraphs that span multiple columns
- Paragraph Shading (this is already supported, but it’s fun to show off)
Not only will these new features do a better job of exporting your complex InDesign text styling as live HTML, but they will also create some new possibles for responsive designs.
More about in5.