This page contains links for help and discussion on creating UX (User eXperience) wireframes and prototypes with Adobe InDesign.
We’ve created a premium video course on creating wireframes with InDesign. See the trailer below.
The InDesign UX Design Patterns guide details how to create User Experience (UX) and User Interface (UI) elements from InDesign without coding.
- Popups and Feedback (to notify the reader)
- Indicated Progress (to keep the reader motivated)
- Navigation (it doesn’t have to read like a book 😉 )
- Visual Exploration (to let the reader have fun)
- Wireframing and Prototyping in InDesign, InDesign Magazine Issue 69, an article I wrote after the Adobe MAX presentation
- InDesign For Interactive Design Wireframing, InDesign Secrets, by David Blatner
- Using InDesign to Create UX/UI Designs, InDesign Secrets, by David Blatner
- Creating Wireframes And Prototypes With InDesign, by Schlomo Goltz (also, additional resources provided with the article)
- How to Approach a Responsive Design
- Design Strategy — Creating Wireframes And Prototypes With InDesign
- Wireframing Using InDesign (PDF)
Video Presentations and Courses
- UX Prototyping with InDesign & in5 – video course by Keith Gilbert on Ajar Academy
- Non-linear Navigation with InDesign & in5 – my video course on Ajar Academy
- Create a Video Pop-up with InDesign & in5 – my video course on Ajar Academy
- UX Design Tools: InDesign – my video course on Lynda.com is now offline, here’s a newer one
- InDesign: Interactive Documents – Mike Rankin’s course on Linkedin Learning can help you learn about the interactive tools in InDesign
- InDesign UX for Wireframing and Prototyping – presentation at Adobe MAX 2014 (now offline)
- in5 (InDesign to HTML5) – exports interactive features, animations, and Folio Overlays for InDesign.
- SWFPresenter – clever tool that allows InDesign animation in PDFs (when SWFs are supported). Not recommended now that SWF has almost no support.
- Adobe Reader – commenting features.
Get updates from Ajar Productions
Sign up today and get the InDesign Split Text premium extension for free!