Responsive Design Workflows is my first course on Lynda.com. It’s aimed at both designers and developers.
Perplexed by the challenges introduced into design by all the mobile devices appearing on the market? This course shows how to evolve your current workflow to incorporate responsive design practices, without adding too much complexity or overhead. Author Justin Putney explains collaborative processes you can adopt to help designers speak to developers and developers speak to designers, and how to deal with the designer’s ever-expanding role on the web. The course also covers communicating with clients and building a cohesive development team, and offers lessons on building the diagrams, wireframes, and style guides that aid a smooth workflow.
- What is responsive design?
- Understanding concepts like scaling and interaction mediums
- Building a team and explaining job roles
- Planning for color and typefaces
- What developers and designers should provide
- Setting client expectations
- Working with a budget
- Investigating design solutions
- Hiring team members and contractors
Sound interesting? Take a look at the sample videos.
Don’t have a Lynda.com account? Get 30 days of free unlimited access to lynda.com.
Get updates from Ajar Productions
Sign up today and get the InDesign Split Text premium extension for free!