Queasy Tools is a new set of quick and easy tools for Flash designers and animators. This panel provides the fastest way to create tweened animation with easing in Flash as well as putting together a set of common design functions in one location. Feature list and free download below…
Newer version (1.5.0) available here.
(moving top to bottom, left to right on the user interface)
QUICK TWEEN CREATION WITH EASING
- Tween type: Motion or Shape
- Ease: Regular or Bounce of the EaseIn, EaseOut, and EaseInOut varieties
- Auto add keyframes: if checked, this with create keyframes at the beginning and end of your frame selection
- Make Tween: applies the tween to the selected frames (multiple layers allowed)
In an attempt to clean out my “commands” menu, I’ve collected several actions into a set of macro buttons. Some of these add functionality to Flash (like changing the text case), and others are just quicker than hunting through the menus (like flip horizontal & vertical).
- Duplicate Layer: creates a copy of the selected layer
- Guide, Hide, and Lock: Out of sight, out of SWF, but still in the FLA in case you need it later
- Turn On Bitmap Smoothing: this applies “allowing bitmap smoothing” to all of the selected images in the library
- Swap Symbol: this swaps selected symbol(s) on the stage with an item selected in the library
(these align the selected element(s) to the stage without changing the “to stage” toggle in the align panel)
- Top Left
- Tint to White: Sets tint of selected symbol(s) to white.
- Alpha to 50: Sets alpha of selected symbol(s) to 50%.
- Alpha to 0: Sets alpha of selected symbol(s) to 0%.
- Reset: Removes all color settings on selected symbol(s).
- To Uppercase: Converts selected textfields or selected text to uppercase.
- To Lowercase: Converts selected textfields or selected text to lowercase.
- To Title Case: Converts first letter of each word to uppercase and remaining letters to lowercase (ignores words with 3 letters or less after the first work, e.g. “of” and the second “the” in “The Title of the Song”);
- Copy Position: Stores the x and y positions of the selected element
- Paste Position: Applies the stored x and y positions to selected element(s)
- Send to Front: Sends selected element(s) to the front of the stack within the layer
- Send to Back: Sends selected element(s) to the back of the stack within the layer
- Send Forward: Sends selected element(s) one step towards the back of the stack within the layer
- Send Backward: Sends selected element(s) one step towards the front of the stack within the layer
- Flip Horizontal: Flips the selected element(s) across the y axis of the transformation point.
- Flip Vertical: Flips the selected element(s) across the x axis of the transformation point.
- Download the .mxp file here and install it using the Adobe Extension Manager (which should just require double-clicking on the downloaded file).
- After installing, you can access the Queasy Tools panel by selecting Window > Other Panels > Queasy Tools in Flash.
Get updates from Ajar Productions
Sign up today and get the InDesign Split Text premium extension for free!