Effective October 1, 2010.
Your privacy is important to us and we are committed to protecting it. So that you feel secure in visiting our site and comfortable in purchasing our quality products, we provide this notice explaining our online information practices and the ways in which your information is collected and used. To make this notice easy to find, we have made it clearly accessible and available at our homepage.
The Information We Collect
We may collect information from you when you register on our site, place or purchase an order, activate a product, subscribe to our newsletter, post content to our site, fill out a form, or otherwise use our site. The information collected is generally categorized as follows:
• User Information. When ordering, registering on our site, or participating in a promotion, you may be asked to enter your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, and other contact information, demographic information, preferences and interests, computer information and/or other personal information.
• General Statistical Information. We may collect and compile statistical information regarding visitors to our web site, including IP addresses, browsers, pages viewed, number of visitors, goods and services purchased, and account history.
• Usage Related Information. Some features of our site may be available only through the use of a cookie. A cookie is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive. Cookies remind us who you are and they allow us to access your account information so that you do not have to reenter it upon each visit to our site. Cookies also gather statistical data regarding usage by site visitors. You may set the configurations on your browser to either accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or you can deny receipt of cookies. Our site may also use web beacons and other devices for similar purposes.
• Transaction and Experience Information. We may retain information about your transactions with us and our communications with you, including your written requests for information and our response(s).
We may share the information we collect about you with the following third parties:
• government agencies or state and federal courts, if we reasonably deem we believe in good faith that we are required to comply with any law, court order, subpoena, or with rules or regulations of such agencies or the courts.
• Paypal, banks or credit card companies, as required to resolve any issues regarding a purchase or purchases made by you at our site.
• Provider of promotion(s). If you opt in to obtain information regarding a promotion, you give us permission to share your name, e-mail and/or mailing address and phone number with said provider.
How We Use Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in the following ways:
• To improve our web site. We continually strive to improve our web site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
• To process transactions. Your information, whether public or private, will assist us in delivering the purchased product or service requested, and in dealing with issues of purchase and sale.
• To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature.
• To send periodic emails. The email address you provide for order processing will only be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order or our products or services. Note: If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
How We Protect Your Information
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information.
We offer the use of a secure server via Paypal. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted by Paypal’s payment gateway, only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems. Additionally, authorized users are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be stored on our servers. You should review all of Paypal’s applicable terms and conditions, available at http://paypal.com.
Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we do not rent, sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information collected during your use of our web site without your permission. We may release your information when we believe in good faith that such disclosure is required to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
How To Access, Update, Or Correct Your Information
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. To protect your privacy and security, we will take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act Compliance
We are in compliance with the requirements of COPPA (Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act). We will not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our web site, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Links to Other Web Sites
Terms and Conditions
Please also visit our Terms and Conditions section establishing the use, disclaimers, and limitations of liability governing the use of our web site at http://ajarproductions.com/legal/terms.